Tuesday 27 January 2015

Bronzers and Highlighters

Tuesday 27 January 2015



There was once a time when I wouldn't go anywhere near Bronzers or Highlighters but fast forward a couple of years a seem to have gathered a little collection.

One of my favourites has to be the Sleek Contouring and Blush Palette as you can see from above this palette has certainly been well loved. This was the first bronzer I got and I can honestly I must have worn it everyday for about 6 months. I do see occassionally go back to this when I'm feeling a not so heavy make up look. If you are looking for a high street bronze and highlight this is the one get.

Another high street product is the Bourjois Délice de Poudre. I only actually bought this not too long ago when Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on and after seeing everyone go on about it I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I must say it smells amazing but I'm not too keen on the actual product at the moment purely due to how pale I am. I have it in shade 55 as I'm pretty sure this one only comes in one shade. I think this product is certainly a lot better when you have a tan. I'm definitely going to be using this in the summer.

If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know a lot about my next product which is Benefit - Hoola Bronzer. Which was featured in my Everyday Make Up (here) I honestly can't recommend this bronzer enough, it is by far the best bronzer I have ever used. It is perfect for every skin tone and as someone who is pretty pale it is perfect as it doesn't make me look orange in the slightest which is a must for me.  This bronzer is perfect whether you want an all over bronze or just something to contour your face. 

I've got to include a Mac product somewhere haven't I. I have the Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade. This is my favourite highligher at the moment and I have been using this everyday for quite some while. This is perfect for my pastly skin, it gives the tops of your cheeks the subtle glow that you need. The highlighter does look a bit strange which blue, orange and pink running through it however I just swirl this around on my brush and lightly dust it onto my face. 

Finally two new palettes that have come into my hands recently are of course Nars Virtual Domination and Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. The Nars palette has the very famous Laguna Bronzer which I absolutely love I find it very similar to the Benefit one where I can either use it for an all over bronze or just to contour. The highlight in the Nars palette is Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush Powder, this hightlighter is absolutely stunning with gorgeous sparkles running through it, amazing for a glow. The Anastasia Contour Kit is something I haven't actually had the chance to try yet however once I do there will be a review on it. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. 

What are your favourite bronzers and highlights, let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014