Friday 30 January 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Review

Friday 30 January 2015


Contour Kit Review

I'm not one to buy something purely due to the hype of it... however I caved. Throughout the month of January I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore clothes therefore I decided I would just spend the money buying expensive make up instead, that's aloud isn't it?

I first actually saw this when I was in New York and I must say its a lot smaller than I thought it would be. When I saw this palette it was nearing the end of my trip so I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore make up. Although last week when I got paid I decided it was time to just bite the bullet so I bought the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light and I can honestly say I have never been happier with a purchase.

So in my last blog post Bronzers and Highlighters (link can be found here) I mentioned that I hadn't tried it out however since then I have been using it everyday.

On the top row you have Vanilla, Banana and Sand. Vanilla and Banana are both matte highlights while Sand a lovely shimmer to it. Vanilla and Sand both have pink undertones to them while Banana has more of a yellow undertone. My favourite of the top row has to be Vanilla I love it for an inner eye and below the brow highlight, its the perfect shade.

On the bottom row you have Java, Fawn and Havana each of them wonderful matte shades. I have been using Java to bronze up my entire face it think its the perfect bronzer for me at the moment. I apply it with a Real Techniques blusher brush. Fawn is definitely the colour I will be using in the summer because its a little bit dusky which is perfect with a glow.

Now even though this is a contour kit I have actually been using Havana as an eyeshadow shade and I absolutely love it. I have noticed recently how a lot of Bloggers and YouTubers have been using bronzer as an eye shadow and I will have to agree its great.

These palette is incredibly pigmented with colours lasting all day. I would honestly recommend it as I think its great for every day use especially if you're a big fan of contouring.

All views are my own and this was bought with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014