Wednesday 4 February 2015

That Red Lip

Wednesday 4 February 2015



I used to be the person that would always wear some sort of bright lip however a red was never one of them. I recently bought Russian Red by MAC whilst in New York and I can officially say that I have been converted. 

While for an everyday look it is very hard for me to stray away from my beloved Velvet Teddy however if I'm going out for an evening I will no longer reach for my favourite nude but now my favourite red. 

Russian Red is a classic matte red. A matte lipstick is so important when it comes to red because you need it to last and this is exactly what it does. Alongside this underneath I put my Exaggerate full colour lip liner in Red Diva by Rimmel. Which I can honestly say isn't particularly drying which is why its my favourite combination at the moment. This lip liner is more of a berry red than a classic bright red although I wear this lip liner for the longevity more than making it brighter. I can honestly say that this lipstick lasts 10 times longer with lipliner especially reds because they have the habit of bleeding which is never a good look. 

If you are looking for a classic red I always think that MAC do the best red shades although I am a big fan of Rimmel 107 which works just as well I find. 

What's your favourite red lip combo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014