Friday 6 February 2015

New York Day 5

Friday 6 February 2015








I am finally getting round to blogging about my last day in New York. Day 4 can be found here

The day started with an open top bus journey through New York City and down to the World Trade Centre. I can honestly say that if you have time whilst in New York I would recommend going on the tour because the guy that leads it is really great and tell you about everything you are driving past.

My favourite place we went through was Greenwich Village, I'm honestly gutted we didn't spend anytime there because it is one of the most picturesque places I have ever seen. The apartment buildings are exactly like those you see in films, I actually couldn't quite comprehend how a like they looked.

If you are in New York and have the time, I think its important to go down to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. The first time I came to New York the museum wasn't actually there so it was a first time seeing it for all of us. The museum is absolutely stunning and everything is laid out so perfect in honour of the survivors and those who lost their lives. The thing about the museum is you feel as though you know every victim, which is honestly more heartbreaking than anything. I won't go into too much detail about he Museum as I think its something you need to see to understand.

The walk over to the boat for the Statue Of Liberty was honestly a lot longer than I remember it to be however it is one of the most stunning walks ever. It is so relaxing and peaceful and a great way to take in the surroundings. Visiting The Statue of Liberty is again another tourist attraction however one I'm not too keen on. The reason being is because I absolutely hate boats therefore I sat inside and let my family take the pictures. (Credit to my brother for the above picture.)

Our last port of call for the day was to visit the Brooklyn Bridge and my dad thought that it would too far to walk and therefore we would catch the subway. Once we got on the subway we spoke to a local lady who told us we were on the wrong one... great. The subway we got on was the one to Brooklyn, ironically because that was the other side of the bridge. We got off the subway and walked the route from Brooklyn back to Manhattan. We walked the bridge around 6pm and all of the buildings we lit up and it was such a stunning view to see all of Manhattan lit up. A little last minute trip to Bloomingdales was in order to pick up a few last bits and then back to the hotel.

In the evening we ate at Uncle Jack's Steakhouse. Everyone had a steak aside from me, I am a vegetarian. This restaurant is very highly rated among New Yorkers and it's easy to understand why, the waiters were wonderful alongside the food.

I hope you've enjoyed my New York blogs I would love to hear your opinions, I have a trip to Italy planned in the summer so hopefully I will blog about that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014