Tuesday 10 March 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade Review

Tuesday 10 March 2015


The Night Out Eyebrows

So about a week and a half ago I bought a new brow product... shocker I know. I had been using the Brow Wiz previous to buying this however I had just ran out. As much as I loved the Brow Wiz I went through it super quickly. I had heard so much about the Dipbrow and having been a massive lover of anything Anastasia Beverly Hills I decided to try it out. 

Lets start with the packaging, the packaging is very similar to the mac paint pots, maybe a tiny bit smaller. The pot is made from glass so probably not ideal if you are travelling around a lot. To look at it's beautiful with the words 'Anastasia Beverly Hills' going around the clear glass. The lid is made from plastic with the Anastasia logo on the top. In all honesty I think the packaging really sells this product a lot more than the Brow Wiz.

The product itself... for such a small pot there is a lot of product. When I opened it up it looks exactly like a gel liner, pretty scary huh. I was a little terrified at how I was going to apply it especially considering I have the second darkest shade Ebony. The thing with this is that you need very little product, the smallest amount will go a long way so what I did was I got a little bit on my Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush and put the product onto the back of my hand to make sure there wasn't any excess. Once I had the right amount of product on my brush I applied it to my eyebrows. I think the best way to use this product is to start with the back of your eyebrows and work forward because you need hardly any product at the front.

The dipbrow is perfect if you have nicely groomed brows however if you have unruly brows it problem isn't the best because it can make you look as though you have slugs on your face... as I figured out. Last week I got my brows waxed at Benefit and when I applied the product to my brows that evening I found it went on so much easier with less hair. This product is definitely the best if you want well defined brows.

As mentioned above I have shade Ebony as I have jet black hair, although I think that this colour maybe slightly too dark for me which is why I don't apply much product at all. I'm hoping it will last me till I go back to America in June when I can go into Sephora and check out all of the shade ranges first hand... so much easier than seeing it online.

Have you tried the Dipbrow I would love to hear your opinions on it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014