Friday 23 August 2013

Naked 2 and Nars blush

Friday 23 August 2013
Wow so summers nearly over, well for me anyway. I have one full week left and then off to college. Anyway this has been my post holiday reflection week. However here's a review of the two make up products I brought in America.

This was the first time I had brought make up in America which wasn't Mac, I discovered my love for Mac when I went to New York 2 years ago. Back to present time and before I went to Florida I knew that there were two products I had to buy.

The first product I have here is the Naked 2 palette.
Over the past couple of years I have heard so many reviews for not only the Naked 2 palette but the first one and the basic palette. I knew I had to get this because I hadn't heard a bad review. When I went over to the women selling it to me, she said how I was lucky it was in stock because it's normally always sold out which was a relief because I didn't really want to be searching round Florida for it. Here is what the palette includes:

Foxy- Cream w/ matte finish 
Half Baked- Golden/Bronze- mainly gold w/ shimmery finish 
Bootycall- Cork w/ slight shimmer 
Chopper- Copper w/ shimmery 
Tease- Brown/Purple undertones w/ matte finish 
Snakebite- Brown-very dark w/ shimmery finish & metallic base
Suspect- Slightly darker than beige w/ golden shimmery finish 
Pistol- Grey w/ shimmery finish
Verve- tint of pink neutral w/ loads of shim to give it a great finish 
YDK- bronze shimmer w/ metallic base
Busted- Very dark brown w/ shimmery finish
Blackout- Black w/ matte finish - perfect for eyeliner 

While I don't have the first Naked palette I know it's a lot darker than the Naked 2 palette therefore that palette is better if you want to have more smoky eyes. Naked 2 has a lot more neutral shades which can be explored if you mix a couple shades up. My favourite two to mix are Tease and Suspect I love both of these colours with starting with a matte base and then building up to a shimmery finish. I think that if you're going to invest in a Naked palette then you either need to get the 1st or 2nd. At home we also have the Naked basic palette (although it isn't mine) I personally don't think it's that good because it only has the basic colours and I think it's better if you're just starting out using eyeshadow. However then I wouldn't buy a high end product if it was my first time. 

I know that this palette is a lot of money at £37.00 I do think it's worth it however MUA do a dupe that is very similar to the Naked 2 which is only £5. It has all the similar colours but they aren't as good as the Naked palette for obvious reasons but if you want to try out something that is similar to the Naked palette then MUA is the best one to get. 

The second product that I brought was Nars blush in the shade orgasm. 


I am a lover of all blushers so I thought I would try out this one, it's the one that every youtuber has raved about at one point or another. 

The colour is a bit different to what I expected it to be like, I had imagined it to be more pink but it has a nice peach tone to it, making it more subtle. The product isn't too heavy with an shimmery base to it which is nice because it gives the face a fresh look which is unusual when it comes to comparing it to something like Mac. Although it isn't as shimmery as super orgasm which is the next shade up. What I love about this blush is how pigmented it is, there is no chance of it fading throughout the day. 

Sephora has said many times that this is the starter blush and I agree although it is expensive for what it is. I also have the lack of being able to get it in the UK with it only being sold in Selfridges in the UK... which is 4 hours away from me- lets hope that this doesn't run out too soon on me. However in the UK there are a couple of blushes that I know are similar for a smudge of the price. The first dupe is Sleek, for what it is Sleek is very cheap this dupe is only £4.49 like Nars it's pigmented and has that shimmer to it. I think that Sleek is only sold in Boots but it's a popular brand for blushers & bronzers. The other product is Milani Baked Powder Blush, this is the one which is closest to Nars, although because it's an American brand you can only get it on Amazon it is however only £5.00. 

I think both of these products are very good and I would get them both, however there are others like them for a cheaper price.

What do you think of these products?
Is Nars too expensive? 
What other eyeshadows do you think are as good as Urban Decay?
Any high street blushers I should try? 

Until next time
Naomi xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014