Tuesday 16 September 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine

Tuesday 16 September 2014
So for the past two months or so I have been using the exact same everyday makeup routine, therefore I thought I would share with you the products I use.



To prime my skin I have been using Nivea Daily Essential Day Cream for normal to combination skin, I really love this moisturiser because it doesn't leave the skin feeling too sticky which has happened with my previous moisturisers. Next off I use my Body Shop primer 'Insta Blur' this is my favourite drugstore primer, I wouldn't say its as good as Benefit's 'The Porefessional' but I really love this. I apply both of these using my hands.

Next off for foundation I have two which I have been loving, the foundation I use almost all the time is my Revlon Colourstay for Oily Skin in Ivory. This foundation is probably the closest thing to my Mac Studio Fix I would go as far to say it is most probably a very accurate dupe. This foundation is medium to full coverage. It's amazing for my skin because it can get oily patches however this foundation seems to combat it. When I fake tan I use my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in True Ivory, this foundation does have a bit of a shine to it therefore when I wear this I do have to powder afterwards with my Stay Matte. To apply my foundations I have been using my Real Techniques 'Duo Fibre Face Brush.

For concealer I have two I use on a day to day basis. The first one I use is that one drugstore concealer that I think nearly everyone owns; my trusty collection lasting perfection concealer in shade 1. I love this concealer so much its quite creamy and therefore high coverage, it's really good for dark circles which as a student is very much appreciated. When I wear my Wake Me Up foundation I do still stick to my lasting perfection concealer however I do use shade 2 then. The other concealer that I use is my Mac Studio Finish concealer in NC15, again this concealer is very creamy and high coverage, however this concealer is great for covering any redness which is the reason I brought it. To apply my concealer I use my 'Real Techniques Contour Brush'

Next up for eyeshadow the only product I have been using of late is my Mac paintpot in 'Paintely.' I love Mac paintpots and this one is especially good to hide any veins and redness. This paintpot can also be used as a primer under other eyeshadows. When it comes to eyeliner I very rarely use it however if I do I use my Soap & Glory 'Supercat' this eyeliner is great for a winged look.

Next up I bronze my face using my Hoola Bronzer, using my Real Techniques Powder Brush. I like to give myself more of a bronze face because my Revlon Foundation is still a little dark for me right now.

Eyebrows. This is literally my most important part of my make up routine. To do my eyebrows I use Soap & Glory Brow Archery in Brunette and I use the pen tip end. I have to say that it is my favourite product to do my brows with and I have tried so many brow products. On top of that I use my Maybelline Brow Drama in dark brown just to keep my eyebrows in place.

Finally for mascara I use L'oreal Miss Manga Mega Volume in Black Angel.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my everyday makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Naomi Doddridge © 2014